- Stop listening to things that cause you to fear, worry, and turmoil.
- Don’t worry about the future (you can’t control it), don’t fret about the past (you can’t change it), stay in the present (it's all you have at the moment).
- Think about things that make you happy, focus on the positive things in life.
- Spend time outdoors every day…the more time outdoors, the better.
- Take hot baths often (calms the body’s stress level), play soft music, burn a candle, turn the lights out while bathing (calms the mind).
- Diffuse essential oil in your home (recommend citrus oils like grapefruit, tangerine, or lavender).
- Get a massage as often as possible, even if it is just a foot massage.
- Turn off all noise and lights when going to sleep.
- Disconnect from the demand of electronics (cell phone, email, social media, computer, TV, etc.) as much as possible, don’t worry about the fear of missing out (FOMO).
- Meditate, do yoga, and/or practice deep breathing often (calms the mind).
- Love yourself – don’t think or speak negative things about yourself.
- Take time to pamper yourself, do something you love to do.
- Eat fresh fruits and veggies
Now the items listed above are nothing new but can be very effective. Why…because when your body is getting what it needs to function correctly, you will have the well-being you need to enjoy your life. By doing the items listed above as much as possible, you will feel more at peace. Who doesn’t want that? Lifestyle balance is beneficial and necessary to relieve stress and anxiety. Most natural “remedies” include caring for yourself, making healthy choices, and eliminating unhealthy ones. Of course, Plantlife has wonderful natural products that are formulated using the power of plants with your wellness in mind. Try any of our bath salts, essential oils, essential oil blends, massage oil, or diffusers to help you achieve a better life… you deserve it.
It is not the intent of this article to dive into why each of the suggestions listed above is so important for eliminating anxiety but if you’d like additional information, let us know.