A Quick Summary
We covered that water is refreshing, purifying, and a necessary part of life. Our body is made up of water from our saliva, to blood, to our cells and joints. The minerals in water help our bodies function, absorb and utilize all the nutrients we eat and drink. Bathing is a great way to absorb those minerals and has been used throughout the ages by the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, and even Hippocrates. Bathing today is seen as forms of hydrotherapy such as thallassotherapy and balneotherapy or even just soaking in a hot tub.
Salt has been revolutionary to civilization by helping preserve food and for currency. Unrefined, unprocessed salts such as Celtic Sea salt, Dead Sea salt, and Epsom salts still contain all their minerals that our body needs and cannot produce on their own. A bath is a great way for those minerals to be absorbed by our body and a way to relax and bring peace. Celtic Sea salt has the most minerals and is used in Plantlife Therapeutic Mineral Bath Salts. It is still harvested today in the same 2000 year old tradition with wooden rakes.
What's On Sale This Week!
For this final week in September, we are featuring Relax Therapeutic Mineral Bath salt. It has a fresh, warming aroma that soothes and calms the body and mind for total relaxation. It's perfect for every day use after a hard day at work. While
A Few Simple Recipes
If you don't have time for a bath or don't have a bath, you can always try a foot or hand soak. Just add salts to a comfortably warm bucket of water and soak!
Exfoliating Body Scrub
Scent Your Own Salt
A few combinations of essential oils you may want to try are:
- Eucalyptus and Sweet Orange - Soothing and renewing
- Lavender, Chamomile, Geranium - Soothing
- Pine, Rosemary, Eucalyptus - Refreshing, forest-y
- Grapefruit, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang - Uplifting
- Lemongrass, Grapefruit, Peppermint, Lavender - Refreshing
- Chamomile, Sweet Marjoram, Vetiver - Sleepy
- Or try one of our great Essential Oil blends!
- 8 oz. baking soda
- 4 oz Citric Acid
- 4 oz. Plantlife Therapeutic Mineral Bath Salt (Scent Free)
- 3/4 tsp water (preferably distilled)
- 2 tsp. Plantlife Essential oil of your choice
- 2.5 tsp light carrier oil such as Sweet Almond or Jojoba
- A mold of some kind
Have any questions or comments? Let us know by leaving a comment!